This last Saturday on June 8th, Jorden rode in the Tour de Cure. It's a 100 mile bike race in Brigham City, Utah that raises funds for the American Diabetes Association. Jorden left our house at 5:30am to make it in time for the 7:30am race. We decided that if we wanted functioning and manageable kids we would have to miss Jorden take off.
Luckily someone was there to snap a few before-the-race pictures:
L to R: Jorden, Bret Mooso, Brad (Jorden's Dad), Drew Leavitt, Blake (Jorden's brother) and in front is Drew's little boy Will.
Jorden has a matching Patterson jersey too but decided this outfit was much more comfortable. Comfort before matching!
My sister in-law Megan, my mother in-law Suanne, Krew and I all waited right at the finish line for the guys to cross. Megan is so patient will a bored Krew. Krew apparently thinks putting grass on someone's shoulder is both sneaky and hilarious. Thanks for putting up with him Megan!
He was more entertained when the Leavitt boys showed up. Here is his friend Crew. They rode in circles around this pond almost the whole time!
Crew just turned 6, Krew just turned 4. Both have the same name, both born in May and both weigh exactly 38 pounds, and both LOVE to ride their bike! Krew loves all three of the Leavitt boys and talked about them the rest of the day!
We had a tracker on our phone so we could tell when they guys were getting close to finishing. I saw two blue and black jerseys, so I hurried and got my camera out to snaps some pictures. I hear Krew behind me yelling, "Go Dad! Go Dad!!" I turned around and said, "That wasn't Dad, that was Grandpa and Blake!" Well, remember Jorden was wearing all black, I forgot about that! So there Jorden is barely in the picture on the left! I'm such a bad wife!
But I made up for it with after-race pictures!
Backman boys. Brad, Blake, and Jorden.
These guys made amazing time! It was a very hot 92 degrees and extremely windy. They should be really proud of themselves!
I love that these boys have a healthy addiction that they can all do together!




What a great family activity! Go Backmans!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! Looks fun!
ReplyDeleteOh my word Jess! You are the best wife ever! :) What a fun hobby! And Krew and Myla are so big! Can't wait to see them and you guys too ;)
ReplyDelete