Last week Krew's friend had a birthday party at the fire department. Krew thought it was so cool to see the big firetrucks and all their cool equipment.
Krew sittin' on the firetruck. Kind of a silly picture but it's all he would hold still for!
They saw the big fire hose. Did you know that a fire truck (at least this one) holds 520 gallons of water?! Wow!
They also showed them all their equipment that is carried with them on the firetruck.
It always cracks me up what kids say. During the above picture one little boy raised his hand and said, "Where's your gun?" When the firefighter explained that that's what police officers carry. He then asked, "Well, where's your handcuffs?" The firefighter answered with an explanation that firefighters are much cooler and carry axes and the jaws of life.
But then we moved to the ambulance a little girl asked, "Have there been dead bodies in here? The firefighter was at a loss and just quickly said, "Well, let's move on!"
The birthday group!
Krew is on the far right in the BYU hat.
They gave each of the kids a cool new firefighter hat.
But this hat ended up getting Krew into trouble. After the fire department, we headed over to the park. Right as we were getting out of the car the wind took Krew's hat. It blew it way into some one's yard, over a little brick wall. He ended up slipping and getting a pretty good sized scratch.
I took him home I bandaged him up. The next day we found out that he is apparently allergic to latex. He had a horrible rash exactly where the bandages touched. The pictures don't do it justice! Now it's penicillin and latex we need to remember about for allergies!
Even with the injury Krew had such a fun day!
Just a random picture that I couldn't resist posting. Costco must be bright because he walked around like this. Through the check-out and all. When we stopped and got a churro he said, "Mom, I need to tell you something. Oh baby! This is gooood!"
One more Krew saying. He has been telling me lately that he wants a barbie. I was so confused. First, why would he want a barbie when he is all about batman, ninja turtles, hunting and wrestling? Second, how does he even know what a barbie is?! Yesterday I finally figured it out when we drove by the RV lot. He said, "See Mom! That's what I want. A barbie! The kind you drive."
RV. Barbie. Sound pretty similar! We straighten it out and hopefully he doesn't go around telling people he wants a barbie!








I bet there is a "Barbie in her RV". Maybe I better get it for him just in case!
ReplyDeleteOh he cracks me up! I love my Krew! I also have a latex allergy! Poor kid!
ReplyDelete