Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Independence Day 2015

 Almost every 4th of July we head up to Idaho Falls to Jorden's parents' house.
This year we also ran in the Firecracker 5k, and Krew ran it with me. It was his first 5k and he did awesome!

After the 5k is the infamous Idaho Falls parade. Krew and his second cousin, Dallin, showed up matching in their patriotic tank tops.

Such a cute picture of Myla and Grandma Backman.

 I love these two!


And I love these 3 even more!

Myla wasn't a big fan of the loud firetrucks.

 But it didn't stop her from falling asleep on Grandpa Backman.
Myla continued her nap after lunch.
 And Blake and Megan got a much needed nap in too.

After lunch is when the real fun started. Grandma and Grandpa got a fun blow-up slide. The kids could have played on it ALL. DAY. LONG.

Uncle Blake helping Myla go down.



 It wasn't just the kids that had fun. The guys started going down, but by jumping over the part that's suppose to be jumped through.

Jorden's turn

 At some point the top point broke. Maybe rules should be followed! ;)

Taking a break in the pool.
 Until Krew found that to be silly.

It was all fun and games until Brad poured a bucket of water on my head. Then my Mother-in-law came to my defense, then all heck broke loose


 Jorden getting me.


 This little squirt gun wasn't quite as effective.

Luckily, Aunt Chelsea kept Myla safe from the water fight.

I love how Krew is sneakily getting Jorden from the playhouse.


Uncle Blake caught on.

 Dad to the rescue.

 I was trying to have a "friendly" fight with Jorden,

 and I soon learned,
 that was a bad idea.
 Darn!

 revenge!

 I finally had to call it quits; but I had to walk away with a bucket on my head to do it.


That night we decided to do our fireworks instead of going to the Melaleuca show, and it was nice to do our thing.



Nothing like Dads and fireworks!

It was a fun and memorable 4th of July.

2 comments:

  1. That's an awful lot of fun for the 4th. Remind me not to visit you until the fifth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I LOVE the water fight pictures! So funny!

    ReplyDelete