Saturday, November 10, 2012

Our Move to Utah


2012 has definitely been one of the most crazy, exciting, eventful, and stressful years of my life! Jorden landed a great job, moving away from Krew and me for 6 months, we find out I'm pregnant, 3 months later I graduated from the LPN program, 3 months after graduating we sell our home, we make the move down to Lehi, Utah, 2 days after the move I take the NCLEX-nursing exam (and pass YAY!), and we are expecting our baby girl on (about) Christmas Eve!
To start off the list, Jorden had been applying for several sales Jobs that would take us anywhere from Bozeman, MT, to Boise, ID, to the whole state of Utah (two different jobs were in UT). We received several, "No, but we REALLY liked you and you were our next choice". Then a job with Axis/Sybron Endo opened up. A lot of people were applying to this job. Even people within the company. Jorden decided to give it a shot anyway. He applied for the job, and made it to the interview stage. After two nights of not sleeping a wink, Jorden received a call from the Regional Manager. Both Jorden's and my heart sank when his phone rang. Jorden went to the back bedroom to answer the phone. And I listened at the door. I will never forget the look on Jorden's face when he opened the door! I couldn't help but cry. Jorden has worked so dang hard for this position. Now that he has it, he has rocked it! I am so proud of him and can't believe how fast he learns and catches onto things! 

Two weeks after the call, Jorden made the move to Spanish Fork, Utah to live with his grandparents. He has some of the best Grandparents in the world! It was such a huge blessing for us to have Jorden live there, while Krew and I stayed in Idaho Falls waiting for our house to sell. They took great care of him! Jorden's parents live in Idaho Falls and I can't even tell you what a blessing it was to have them close to us. Not only did they watch Krew so I could finish my education, but they were always willing to take Krew when I had Dr. appointments or anything else. They even cooked me dinner every night while Jorden was away! They are amazing and we are really going to miss them!! 
Our plan was as soon as I graduated in July, Krew and I would join Jorden. Well, our house didn't sell and didn't sell. We finally decided to take it off the market and put it up for rent. The next day our Realtors called me and said someone actually wanted to look at our house to buy! It was a miracle. They wanted our house! Everything went through and we signed papers on October 25th.

We will miss our little home!



Of course with selling our house, the new owners had a big list of things they wanted fixed. Everything from more smoke detectors, to a new window in the basement, and a new garbage disposal. While Jorden was in Utah, my parents came down one weekend. While they were here my Dad replaced our garbage disposal. Well with Krew's help!

Thanks Dad!

This was our 5th move in our 6 years of marriage. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. But I'm not! I really HATE moving! Especially pregnant. Krew was actually a pretty good helper. (Expect when it came time to pack up his toys. I did that when he was sleeping!) Here he is on our back patio, yelling to me, "Mom we need to pack the gutter!" I think I see weight-lighting in his future.


Something about kids and boxes! He was BEGGING me to tape it up with him inside. He just couldn't understand why I wouldn't do that.

 He did his best to close it himself.

And Harvey was so mad at me for letting Krew be in the box. He was going ballistic, thinking I was boxing him away for good! 


Slowly but surely I got the house packed. Jorden would help me and do all the big stuff on the weekends when he was home. Including the garage.

And this spider is the exact reason I let Jorden do the garage!! Yuck!

We rented this beast. Which by the way, is about a third of the cost as U-haul. 

 We had huge help from our ward members in Idaho Falls. We were able to get everything into the moving truck in just about an hour. We are really, really going to miss our ward. I don't know if it's wrong to choose, but it's been my favorite ward ever! I'll especially miss my young women. Hopefully we can find our place in our new ward. What I'm going to miss even more are my sisters. It was so much fun to have Ashley and Megan live so close. And I'm not sure we will ever live that close again. My little sister Megan drove down late the night before we left and brought us delicious, homemade pumpkin bread. It was just what I needed! It was so hard to say goodbye to her :(  And shortly after she stopped by, my in-laws dropped off dinner. Are we taken care of or what?!

When we woke up the next morning there were several inches of snow on the ground. Luckily the roads driving down to Utah were good. But when it came time to unload the truck in Lehi, it started snowing sideway. Everyone would be covered in snow with just one quick trip out to the truck back to our house. We are so grateful we had Jorden's family to help us move. We had four men moving things and 3 girls cleaning, it would have taken us forever without them!

Here is our new little townhouse that we are renting. It's hard going from owning to renting, and it's a lot more claustrophobic then we're used to. But we've liked it so far!



There has been a lot of things I have loved about Utah so far. First are the mountains! Jorden teases me because whenever we're driving I stare out the windows. All the mountains are just RIGHT THERE! I love it.
In the Walmart parking lot. Not the best picture.

Another thing I have loved about Utah is there is a lot more to do. And a lot more stores. Our first Monday night here (still in boxes) we went at Cabela's. Jorden's explanation was we are learning about God's creations for FHE. Ok Jorden. Whatever you say!
A few days later we spent 2 1/2 hours in the new Scheels store. Krew Loved trying on all the millions of hats they have, 


and shooting guns with Dad,

 and driving a monster truck!

We waited in line for about 30 minutes to ride the Ferris wheel. It was all worth it. Krew thought it was pretty amazing!

Even though it has been a rough several months, I am so grateful Jorden has found a good job. It makes it all worth it!
And I am SO happy to live with my husband again! 
I sure love my two boys!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for being able to settle down! I'm looking forward to more news about your Utah adventures, and I can't wait to see you all in a month at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete