Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy 29th Jorden!!

Today is Jorden's 29th birthday! My oh my, I really can't believe I'll be married to a 30 year-old next year. I'm just glad he will always be older than me! 
He is working away in Utah today so we celebrated his birthday on Sunday. Jorden is not a cake fan, so I made his favorite, mud pie. But I, of course, forgot to buy candles, so we made a paper towel candle!

Krew was a great little helper to blow out the candle!

Having Jorden live apart from us the past 5 months have definitely been hard! Harder then I ever thought it would be. But it has helped me realize how much I love and depend on him. But there is one little problem when he comes home to visit... the "hilarious" pranks he plays on me.
 Yes this is Krew's mattress pushed up against the bathroom door, while I was taking a shower. So funny isn't it?! Jorden told me it really wasn't mean because at the top of the door he could remove the pillows to hand me food. He was even generous enough to hand me the dog to keep me company. Oh so kind! And so kind of him to take pictures of the event so I could blog about it!
What's even worse is bedtime or the middle of the night. Jorden loves to put things in my pillow case. It all started with the remote. When we turn the TV off at night we always argue who has to take the remote and put it on their nightstand (really kinda dumb!). So Jorden starting putting the remote in my pillowcase, forcing me to take care of it. He thought that was pretty funny. One late night when I went to use the bathroom, which happens often with this pregnancy, I came back, laid my head down and heard a loud, long crackle. Jorden had ran to the kitchen while I was in the bathroom and put a bag of chips in my pillowcase! Last weekend when he was home I found the toaster in there. Yep! a four-slice toaster in my pillowcase. There were crumbs everywhere! I'm always paranoid and have to check my pillow EVERY TIME I go to lay down. I want to pay him back for all his kind deeds but I'm too afraid of what his payback would be! Even though I sometimes think these pranks will end us in divorce, he is always cracking me up. Even when I'm mad to see something new in my pillowcase, I can't help but laugh! Jorden can always find a way to lighten the situation, and he really does know when to be serious.
He works so incredibly hard for our family and is doing SO well at his new job! Krew and I can't wait to join him in Utah! 
Happy birthday Jorden! I hope you have a great day!!
We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I'm laughing so hard I'm bawling! Go Jorden!

    I didn't know Jorden likes that mud pie so much too! It is perhaps the best recipe I ever came across, yes?

    ReplyDelete