Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl 2011

I was pretty disappointed that the Steelers lost the super bowl yesterday but honestly I watch the super bowl for more than just the game. I always look forward to the half-time show and the commercials. This year I was very disappointed with the commercials. Was I the only one? Honestly I think I might have smiled at one commercial! But I did like the half-time show. Maybe because the Black Eyed Peas are more my time unlike "The Who" who preformed last year. I wasn't impressed with Fergie's voice but the preforming was good. But the best part for me.....When this man came out:


I might like him a little more because of the summer of 2006:


Yes this is Usher with his arms around me and my sisters. (Sorry this is a picture of a picture, my scanner isn't working) The summer of 2006 I went on a trip to New York with my parents and 2 little sisters. We had an awesome week and we were so sad to go home. But meeting Usher on our last day was the perfect end to our trip. Just as we stepped out of our taxi at the JFK International Airport Megan turned to me and said, "Hey that guy looks like Usher!" Ashley & I thought, "Oh yeah right Megan." But when we saw his huge body guard we knew it was him! He was so nice & let us get our picture taken with him. We just wished we would have spend more time getting ready that morning! We were prepare for the long flight home in our "comfy clothes". We had NO idea who we were going to meet that day!



We were a little star-struck! Now that I look back I do feel a little bad Megan isn't standing next to him, she is the one who pointed him out! Sorry Megs! I guess I got a little too excited & jumped right in. I do remember Megan reaching as far as she could to touch his back when we were standing there. (You can kind of tell from the 1st picture) So Meg if we ever run into him again. I'll let you stand next to him!


Let me just add, a week later this happened.



Honey, I would marry you over Usher any day!!



In other news, this is what Krew has been up to lately. He apparently thinks he is on Star Trek. He wears my headband over his eyes and carries his flashlight with him everywhere. I think he's one cute space ranger!

And do you notice something missing from Krew? Yes his pacifier. He has been a champ with the whole weening process, and hasn't had it once since my last post. That thing is history!


P.S. A special thanks to my Mom for sending me her old camera because mine is broken. I promise to take lots of pictures of Krew & post often!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some good memories!

    Dad and Megan were watching a little of the half-time show, too, and Megan reminded us of her "pointing out Usher" fame. We aren't surprised Megan spotted the man with money are we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen on the Super-bowl commercials...a bit disappointing this year! I guess there weren't enough Bud light/beer commercials (sadly their the funniest). Cory and I also agree with the Fergie voice--not so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I love this post!!! To this day I am still so jelous of you meeting Usher...I let out a scream when he came on for the half time show! Too bad we didnt get to watch it together this year! I miss you everyday! I agree...I didnt think the commercials were funny at all, and Fergie sounded terrible, but I did like the half time show because I knew who the people were! I was cheering for the Packers...so I was happy with the win!!! And I love the pictures of Krew, he is growing up...I hope he misses me!!! I can't wait to see him, I think about him everyday! And I remember that day you got engaged and helping make the signs!!! So happy he found you!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times! That trip to New York was one of the best trips we went on as a family. I wish we could all go again! Ya and i'll never forget meeting Usher! I remember thinking that when mom was taking the picture she wasn't getting all of me in it (I needed proof to show people I met him) so I moved my head in and coverd half of Usher. Ya I wish I would of at least put deordorant on that morning. (ok I did but that's about all I did that morning)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha! I laughed through this whole post! I can't believe you guys met Usher, that is truely amazing and unforgettable. Go Megan!I love that she was trying to reach his back, I'm still laughin! I think all three of you looked amazing that day, ya always do!

    ReplyDelete