Jorden and I have decided it is time to get rid of Krew's favorite thing. No not Harvey, his pacifier! Krew is developing a bad overbite and the pacifier isn't helping. We decided this would be Krew's New Year's resolution. (Or ours!) The first few weeks of January were less than successful. I'll be the first to admit I'm weak. When it's nap time & Krew is screaming hysterically for his "paci" I cave in and give it to him. Then yesterday morning Krew took it out to eat breakfast, about the only time he ever takes it out. He set it somewhere and it was lost. We spent 2 hours looking for it & it was no where to be found. Krew was searching the whole house yelling, "Paci? Paci? Here!" Meaning come here! We decided to go to Wal-mart to take his mind off of it. I was definitely tempted to buy another but I stayed strong. We got home and it was Krew's nap time. I thought it would be a nightmare trying to get him to sleep without it, but he wore himself out so much from crying that he fell right to sleep. While he napped I finished cleaning & found his pacifier under my bed. I'm really not sure how it got from the breakfast table to under my bed?? I decided Krew already went four hours without it & I don't want to go through the goodbye process again. I put it on the top shelf in my closet. Since his nap yesterday he occasionally asks for paci but doesn't get too upset over it when I say, "I don't know." But he did wake up at 5:45 this morning! When he had his pacifier he was content to lay in bed for up to an hour with his paci and blankey. Without it he popped right out of bed. It is now day 2 & I work until 11:30pm. When I come home I better not see that pacifier in Krew mouth! Stay strong Jorden! Now that I think of it I think I will re-hide it from Jorden :)

Something else Krew loves? Shoveling! He will do it for hours! No matter how cold it is. He just HATES to come inside from shoveling. I just hope that attitude sticks into his teenage years!
sorry so small, picture taken by phone
Go Krew! You da man!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! Not with a Binky, but the bottle. Ryker gave up his bink when he was about 5 months old but I still haven't taken his bottle away. I took Porter's away at 11 months. Ryker is now 18 months! Its horrible. Good Luck! I hope you win the battle!
ReplyDeleteStay strong jess and jorden! I'm can't wait til the time comes that Kay and I get to go through that goodbye process with little ones.: ) not!
ReplyDeleteStay strong Jorden and Jessica! The longer you wait to take it away the harder it will gets.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Krew, I know you can!!