There is no doubt about it, the flu has hit hard this year! Well at least in our family. Jorden has had a bad cold for almost 2 weeks now. Even though Krew got his flu shot in November he sadly caught this horrible cold from Jorden. Thanks to this cold, Krew absolutely refuses to nap, even though he REALLY, REALLY needs to. Instead he throws his blankey out of his crib and of course he can't sleep without it, and yells, "Momma blankey, blankey!" But if I come in and give it back he just throws it right back out.
After a good hour of crying I gave in and asked him if he wanted to make some cookies with me for Valentine's Day. This was his response.
I'll take that as a yes!
Well he helped me eat the frosting more than make the cookies. I know, bad habit!

After making Valentine's cookies and changing outfits due to the frosting, we decided to head to Wal-mart.
Will someone please tell me why he will cry for hours in his bed but the minute I decide to go out he falls asleep in his car seat instantly?! Even though it's annoying he is darn cute!

Later that afternoon our day took a turn for the worse. Krew has had a bad cough for a couple weeks with a high fever but he became more and more fussy. Like inconsolable! I decided to make an appointment with his doctor. While we were waiting for his appointment I got a text from Jorden saying, "I can't hear out of my left ear at all it's weird!" then 15 minutes later, "I'm coming home to go to Dr. I'm in sooo much pain!" Let me just tell you Jorden NEVER goes to the Doctor! EVER! So I knew it was bad! I took Krew to his appointment & while we were there Jorden was across the street at Urgent Care and had been there waiting for 2 hours. At Krew's appointment we found out he has a bad ear infection in each ear (No wonder he wouldn't nap). After Krew's appointment we went across the street to hear the diagnosis for Jorden. When I saw Jorden he looked white as a ghost and his left ear was bright red and swollen. The Doctor came in and looked him over. When he looked in his left ear he said, "HOLY SHOOT GUY! You must be in a lot of pain! I have never seen something this bad in an adult!" The Doctor let me look in his ear and tried to describe what I was looking at. It was a big ball of pus and blood pushing up against his ear drum. No wonder he was in so much pain. The Doctor said Jorden's ear drum will probably brust and prescribed him a strong amoxicillin/ K Clav & Ibuprofen 800mg. Jorden's eardrum has yet to break but he still can't hear out of it. Hopefully that will return shortly. I feel like I live with an old man when I have to repeat everything I say 3 times.
Even though I tried to stop the spread the germs for weeks by using almost a whole bottle of this:
And a whole can of this:
It was still passed to me the next day. But lucky me I was throwing up with this cold. I must have a weak stomach because I always throw up with any cold/flu I get even when Jorden doesn't. So instead of consuming those beautifully decorated cookies, all three of us consumed this:
How romantic!
And we did get Jamba Juice! I am lucky enough to have amazing in-laws who live close and brought it over to all of us sicklings! It definitely made us feel better!
Many of you know I've been feeling crafty lately. So I went on YouTube and it taught me how to crochet. So this is the hat I made for little Ava.
I also wanted to make a headband with bows. But I didn't love the crochet headband so my Mom gave me the fabulous idea of using tights. I think it turned out much better than crochet because it stretches so much more. So I made some bows out of ribbons and faux flowers.
Then I cut the feet off the tights and glued and sewed the ends together and put satin ribbon around it.
Then clipped in the bows. What's nice is you can switch out the bows to match the outfit!
Let me tell you, I am a complete amateur and there are a lot of mistakes if you look closely, but I'm sure Ava will make anything look cute! So Shelly if you are reading, expect a package at your door in a couple of days!
After making Valentine's cookies and changing outfits due to the frosting, we decided to head to Wal-mart.
Will someone please tell me why he will cry for hours in his bed but the minute I decide to go out he falls asleep in his car seat instantly?! Even though it's annoying he is darn cute!
Later that afternoon our day took a turn for the worse. Krew has had a bad cough for a couple weeks with a high fever but he became more and more fussy. Like inconsolable! I decided to make an appointment with his doctor. While we were waiting for his appointment I got a text from Jorden saying, "I can't hear out of my left ear at all it's weird!" then 15 minutes later, "I'm coming home to go to Dr. I'm in sooo much pain!" Let me just tell you Jorden NEVER goes to the Doctor! EVER! So I knew it was bad! I took Krew to his appointment & while we were there Jorden was across the street at Urgent Care and had been there waiting for 2 hours. At Krew's appointment we found out he has a bad ear infection in each ear (No wonder he wouldn't nap). After Krew's appointment we went across the street to hear the diagnosis for Jorden. When I saw Jorden he looked white as a ghost and his left ear was bright red and swollen. The Doctor came in and looked him over. When he looked in his left ear he said, "HOLY SHOOT GUY! You must be in a lot of pain! I have never seen something this bad in an adult!" The Doctor let me look in his ear and tried to describe what I was looking at. It was a big ball of pus and blood pushing up against his ear drum. No wonder he was in so much pain. The Doctor said Jorden's ear drum will probably brust and prescribed him a strong amoxicillin/ K Clav & Ibuprofen 800mg. Jorden's eardrum has yet to break but he still can't hear out of it. Hopefully that will return shortly. I feel like I live with an old man when I have to repeat everything I say 3 times.
Even though I tried to stop the spread the germs for weeks by using almost a whole bottle of this:
And we did get Jamba Juice! I am lucky enough to have amazing in-laws who live close and brought it over to all of us sicklings! It definitely made us feel better!
In much better Valentine's news my sister Shelly had her little girl on this special day! She was 3 weeks early. But perfectly healthy! They named her Ava & she is adorable! I just can't wait to meet her in person! I have been working on a gift for her but I thought I still had 3 weeks to work on them! So Shelly if you don't want to ruin the surprise don't scroll down to look at what I'm sending you. If you don't care about a surprise then go ahead and look!
Many of you know I've been feeling crafty lately. So I went on YouTube and it taught me how to crochet. So this is the hat I made for little Ava.
I'm sorry that you guys all got sick! I was going to visit you on monday, but maybe I'll wait a week or 2. And you have such a talent at making those cute hats and head bands! I wish I could do that. Love ya guys! and get feeling better
ReplyDeleteJessica, I am amazed at what you've learned to do. Everything is so cute! I want a large flower headband to wear to church (that won't be weird, will it?).
ReplyDeleteHope all of you feel better soon.
ps Krew cracks me up :>
So sorry you're sick over there! Yuck! Love the hat and headbands/flowers/bows. So fun! You're just practicing up for when you have a girl right?!?!? they look good.
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea with the tights! I love the hat and bows!
ReplyDelete