Sunday, October 16, 2016

Happy 28th Birthday To Me!

For my 28th birthday, Jorden surprised me with a kidless trip to Jackson Hole, WY. I'm really mad at myself for not taking more pictures but I'll post what I have. 

We started the trip off by dropping the kids off  with Grandma and Grandpa Backman. We're so grateful they're so willing to help out and take the kids whenever we need. The drive to Jackson is quite beautiful. The Tetons are just amazing. 
The night we got there, we ate at a yummy pizza place that I wish I remembered the name of. Then we walked through town window shopping. We spent most of the night at the hotel watching movies and just enjoying each other's company without kids!
The next morning at breakfast. Jorden snuck this picture of me (I honestly had no idea he took it) and then sent it in a group text to all his family telling them how beautiful he thinks I am. I hate the spotlight but Jorden is seriously so sweet.

In front of the iconic antler arches.
We sat at this park for a good hour, eating ice cream and people watching. we had such a good laugh at all the people walking around with selfie sticks totally unaware of what was happening around them. But admittedly, by the end of the day I found myself wanting a selfie stick too.  

Grandma and Grandpa Backman sent us some pictures throughout the weekend letting us know the kids were still alive and happy. 
And happy they were!

Thanks for a memorable 28th, Jorden! I loved it and love you.

1 comment:

  1. I still love that picture Jorden took of you, along with the lovely words.

    ReplyDelete