Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Visit to St. George

 Part of Jorden's territory for work covers St. George, UT. So at least once a year the kids and I try to make a trip down with him. We always look forward to it, especially Krew and Myla.
The minute we get out of the car, Krew is ready with his net to catch any lizard that happens to wander by.
We didn't waste anytime for exploring. St. George is beautiful!



 oh dear!

 So many nooks and cranny to explore.



To say Myla adores her dad would be a huge understatement!

 I sure lucked out with these two!


 No lizard-catching-luck yet.
But Myla was pretty good at catching rocks!

My favorite hiking crew.

One of my favorite pictures.

Now the getting down part...

Beautiful temple view.

 The next day we were playing at the park when we came upon this splash pad. We left the kids' swimming suits at the hotel, but they couldn't resist!



 I love how both of Myla's feet are off the ground. Pure joy! 

Krew loves to get right in and get wet. Myla on the other hand, pretty much just runs the perimeter. 

Krew soon ditched the shirt.
And Myla wondered why she shouldn't do the same.






Excuse a lot of the same picture. I couldn't pick just one!



 Krew would only agree to sit for one picture.



 The next day we found a carousel in the park. 
 Watching the mechanics of how they go up and down.


Then we took a much needed rest on the grass. Of course that only lasted for a few seconds for Krew and Myla.

Next we headed to to the St. George temple. It is easily one of my favorite temples. Though I haven't been on the inside yet, I love the history and it is so beautiful!




Picture courtesy of Krew. With a nice view of the back of Myla' s head.

I'll go inside some day...

 What a hunk! One of my very favorite pictures of Jorden.

After the temple we headed to dinner. I love the obsessions that boys have with rocks.  Krew picked a few to bring home.

The next morning we went on another hike.
 The hiking options in St. George are endless!


No hike is complete without finishing it off with some frozen custard at Nielsens!

A busy, fun packed week; but a very successful one! The evidence is below!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Especially the Nielsen's. Your kids have sure grown a lot in the last year.
    I love seeing an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those two pictures of Krew and Myla in front of the St. George Temple door. You should print those and put them up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete