Friday, April 22, 2016

Kindergarten Jr. Jazz Basketball

 Krew played Itty-Bitty ball in years past but this is his first real basketball team that he was a part of. He played on the Jr. Jazz and loved it. 
Apparently they've changed how they do pictures. Instead of taking a group picture, they take individual pictures and crop them all into one group picture. Krew was actually the second tallest on his team but they made everyone the same height. I personally like the old way better!

Our lefty kid. I always wanted to be left-handed when I was growing up. Lucky Krew.


 In case you didn't know, Kindergarten basketball is full of ball hogging, traveling, and nose picking.  (Luckily Krew wasn't ever guilty of the last one, but it seemed like every other kid was). Luckily all these things improved for everyone by the end of the year.

 Team huddle at halftime


 Krew became really good friends with the other boy in this picture, the coach's son. Kaden adored Krew and would stay by him as much as he could.




 The coaches were really good about making sure each player scored by the end of the season. He would make sure every player passed to the same kid until he scored. It was so great and It made the kids feel really good. This is Krew's first basket (below).
 I wasn't very good at timing the picture, but it did go in!

 Krew's strength was definitely defense. He was even awarded best defensive player.

Another shot from Krew.



Grandpa and Grandma Backman were in town for one of Krew's game.
 Myla sure loved that!


Krew taking his turn on the bench one practice. Myla didn't waste any time sitting right next to her big brother.
Myla was always such a trooper during the weekly practices. One day she got a little bored and just couldn't fight it any more.



The awards ceremony. Krew receiving his defense award.

The coach spent some time on each player and talked about their strengths.  He said Krew was a good listener, coachable, awesome at defense and probably improved the most out of anyone.

 The whole gang!

One last group huddle.


 I'm excited to see Krew play and continue to improve in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I sat through a lot of high school games with ball hogging and traveling. Thankfully, the nose-picking didn't come back. Krew's a good little player. I'm guessing you're going to be sitting on the bleachers a lot in the next decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly I think you're right, the ball hogging never goes away for some!

      Delete