With Myla's birthday so close to Christmas I always feel way too busy to make a cake for her; poor Myla. So I took her to Walmart so she could pick one out. She picked out a Princess cake that was actually quite cute! On the morning of her birthday, I went to pick up the cake and they didn't have it. Apparently the order sheet was lost so they let me pick out any ready-to-go-cake I wanted, free of charge. I tried to help Myla pick out a similar cake to what she picked before. But all she wanted were these barbie cupcakes. Jorden and I had a good laugh about this. She could have picked out a $30 cake and she picked out the $8 cupcakes. Which is totally fine, but kind of funny.
I know I have a million pictures of Myla sleeping but it's actually quite rare. In fact, every time she does nap I take a picture because it is such a rare occurrence. My blog is just deceiving you!
As I was in the checkout line, an older couple sat and admired my sleeping Myla and couldn't believe she could sleep through all the groceries around her. This picture is actually mid way through putting groceries into the cart. By the end of loading the cart she was covered in bags. Except her head. I could not get her to move for the life of me! The couple had a good laugh but in my head I thought, "She must not be feeling good if she's sleeping through all this". Looking back at this picture I can see how pale she looks.
We ended up making a doctor appointment and sure enough she had a positive strep result. Just in time for her birthday.
Later that day I convinced her to let me take her picture,
but she was completely miserable.
Luckily I caught a couple cute pictures before she laid on the couch the rest of the day.
I love how even Harvey looks like he's smiling in this picture below.
That night we sang Happy Birthday,
with her cute barbie cupcakes.
We were able to get one smile out of her!
I bet her wish was that she felt better!
She sadly wasn't feeling good enough to eat.
She just had a few licks and
then she was done.
Krew had no problem choking down an "eww barbie cupcake".
Opening up a few presents.
She was so excited about this baby.
Which went perfectly with the baby stroller from Grandma and Grandpa Jones.
She plays with this stroller every single day!
Krew and Myla ended the night reading some books before it was an early bedtime.
Krew and Myla ended the night reading some books before it was an early bedtime.
Happy 2nd birthday Myla! I hope you have a healthier 3rd birthday!

Yay! You're now less than a year behind! You'll be caught up in no time. Myla is darling, even when she's sick. I love the sweater she's wearing in the earlier pictures--can I borrow it, Myla?
ReplyDeleteI should have said "just a year behind". Close enough!
DeleteFinally! I better hurry though with her 3rd birthday being next week! That sweater is my favorite thing she's ever owned. Thank you Grandma Jones! :) I wish she didn't grow so fast and it still fit.
ReplyDelete