Jorden signed up for Lotoja again this year. He was so determined to finish that nothing was going to stand in his way. He spent hours on the bike and worked so hard. Sometimes on some of his long rides, the kids and I meet him somewhere so he can stop and refuel with new water and a cold Coke. One day he rode from our house to the top of the American Fork Canyon. About a 20 mile ride, but so steep at some points.
We decided to meet up with him this day. On the way up, the kids and I stopped to look at the scenery. This is by far my favorite thing about Utah. The mountains are breathtaking.
I think my kids are pretty breathtaking too.
We got back on the road and suddenly saw a cyclist-the best looking one, so I knew it was Jorden.
We stopped and found a spot to have our picnic.
It was a perfect day!
Until, on the way down the mountain, I look in my rear view mirror and see a crazy biker Jorden tailgating me. I was going 40mph by the way, which means Jorden was also going that fast on his bike.
This makes my heart stop!





Forty miles an hour on a bike? No thank you! I miss the beautiful Utah scenery almost as much as I miss those cute kids.
ReplyDelete