Monday, October 13, 2014

Tour de Cure 2014

Every year Jorden raises money for and rides in the Tour de Cure.  It's a bike race that raises money for diabetes research. Jorden did the 100 mile ride option.
Even though it's a lot of work to haul the kids around on race day, I always enjoy watching Jorden do what he loves.

Getting everything ready before the race.

Jorden and his dad, Brad, before the start.

Jorden's riding group. I'm not sure where Jorden was when I was taking this picture,

but I did get a good one before take off.

While we wait the 5-6 hours for the guys to finish the race, we have to keep the kids busy. We like the Tour de Cure because they have plenty of activities to keep the kids busy and happy.

 Krew loved the bounce house.

Myla was loving it too. As long as bigger kids wouldn't bounce around her.



Krew loved the slide even more. He went up and down this thing a million times!


 After the bounce house, Myla quickly went from this,

 to this.
 So while sister snoozed, lucky Krew got his face painted.
 I was dang impressed! And not surprised at all that he picked a spider.


 A face painting and a cinnamon roll?! A child after my own heart! Well at least the cinnamon roll part.

Although a face painting and cinnamon roll are pretty amazing, Krew's favorite part of the day was meeting up with the Leavitts. Krew loves these guys. Their Dad and Jorden rode together. The Leavitts have moved to Arizona and we sure miss them!
 Myla, Krew, Henry, Violet, Crew, Will


Violet and Myla catching up.
Violet was so cute, waving and trying to hug Myla, and Myla just kind of stood there like a bump on a log. I don't think she understands the meaning of friendship yet.




The boys waiting for their Dads to cross the finish line.


Until finally! I say finally but it would have taken me all day.
Jorden and Drew.


No kisses allowed on camera!



Mya was so excited to see her Dad. Krew was too but was a little preoccupied with all his friends.  We did convince him to come over for one picture.


 As always, so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. I breathe a sigh of relief every year that Jorden does this race and lives to tell about it. Fun times!!

    ReplyDelete