Monday, June 9, 2014

The Move!

We knew when we moved to Lehi it was a temporary thing. In fact we basically wanted to move out of our townhouse as soon as we moved in. When our landlord put it up for sale, we were then forced to move out and quickly! We are so grateful we found our home in such a short amount of time. It's in Eagle Mountain, UT. About 20 minutes southwest of where we lived in Lehi. So far we love it out here!
 
The backyard.
 We moved in right after they finished building. We still don't have sod. Add that with all the construction around us, and it makes for a big mess. For the first time in my life I vacuum every single day and Jorden has to blow off the porch a couple of times a week. We can't wait to have grass!
This was our 5th  move in 7 years of marriage. Hopefully this is the last for a long time! Moving never gets easy, no matter how many times you do it! The ONLY good thing about packing is decluttering. I took several car loads to DI. I have no idea how we accumulate so much junk! Ok, one more good thing about packing is the excuse I give myself to eat like trash. Because the kitchen is packed up it's impossible to eat healthy right?! A Diet Coke and German chocolate donut from Lehi Bakery sure hits the spot!
 
 It is so nice to have Jorden's siblings in town and parents willing to go to the ends of the Earth to help you!
With a new home comes a lot of extra costs. New fridge and blinds for example. So we headed over to Home Depot after we unloaded the truck.
Moving is exhausting for the kids too. Good thing Grandpa has a comfortable shoulder to sleep on!

Myla was out cold until the race car shopping cart came out! She must have a sixth-sense! These three were in heaven!
 Lindley, Myla, Krew
 
One of my favorite things about our new house is the view. These pictures are taken from our bedroom window. Sadly, there is now a house next to us, perfectly blocking Mt. Timpanogos from view. How dare they! Luckily we still have a pretty good view from a few windows and our backyard.
 Utah Lake.


I'll never get sick of these mountains!
The elementary, middle, and high school are all right next to each other about a half a mile away. Krew starts Kindergarten this Fall and is so excited!
 
With moving, there are a lot of new things to buy. Because we haven't planted a money tree I try to save money however I can. So in comes DI.
For how much I donate to them, it's only fair to buy from them too. Here are some stools I recovered for our island.
 
I also found this beauty that Jorden and I are going to work on together to make into a TV stand.
It's pretty U.G.L.Y right now but hopefully it turns out!

3 comments:

  1. I love your house it is so cute! Now I just need to come see the inside when you are all settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, your house is beautiful! You are going to love it. I can't wait to see the finished tv stand! BTW, donuts and diet coke would be my favorite lunch and I'm not moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great house! Your view is beautiful. I'm looking forward to pictures of the inside as your decorating genius begins to unfold. (Love the chairs by the way.)

    ReplyDelete