Friday, January 31, 2014

Halloween 2013!

A few weeks before Halloween, Krew's preschool class took a trip to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. At the beginning of the corn maze they had these gigantic pumpkins. The teachers wanted a picture of each student with the pumpkin. Krew stood in line waiting for his turn while all the kids stood in front or next to the pumpkin. When it was Krew's turn he jumped right up on top. It was pretty funny! The teachers and I all had a good laugh.


Trying to pass off as a scarecrow, but he's just too cute to look like one. 

They had all these cutouts along the corn maze path. Which, if you were to ask any of the kids, they would definitely say that this was much more fun than the getting lost part.



At the end of the corn maze we sat down and had a picnic. The only problem was there were bees everywhere! While a lot of us were nervous, trying to get away from them, Krew would just swat them and continue eating. Well I guess he paid for it because he got stung right on his knuckle. Poor guy. But he was brave and didn't cry. In fact, he would go from person to person bragging about it!

 
Krew's preschool also had a Halloween party at school one day. It took a long time for Krew to decide but he finally decided on Optimus Prime, the Transformer. Boy was he tough looking!


 Krew and his teacher, Miss Tiff.


Krew with all the boys in his class.

 
The entire class.
Below, L to R back row: Rav, Foster, Drew, Krew, Krew T, Ryan, and Foster.
Front row: Joselyn, London, Abby

A few days before Halloween (ya we were slow) we carved some pumpkins! I think this was our first year actually carving, we have just painted them every year because Krew was a little too young to handle a knife.


   Pulling out the guts!
 
Helping Dad.
 
 
Myla didn't last long. She was so tired this night and just stared in her high chair, with half-open eyes.


Krew's finished pumpkin! He did a really good job! He only had a little help from me.

Jorden's pumpkin. It looked a lot better in person and with a candle inside.

 
Halloween night! Krew was beyond excited and ask ALL day long if it was time to go trick-or-treating.
Our little family. Jorden and I dressed up as a Dad and Mom. Ya, we're that exciting!

We were so excited because the Andersens had just moved back to Utah from California, right in time for Halloween! Jorden's other siblings also met up with us later that night but I didn't get any pictures :(

Is she not the cutest Indian you've ever seen?!
 
Even if she didn't leave all her costume on,

and threw a fit once in awhile.
 
 My tough little Transformer!

Myla ended up not feeling very good the rest of the night. It was just the beginning of full-blown croup. But the kids, especially Krew, had a blast trick-or-treating!
Krew age 4 1/2, Myla 10 months
 
Happy Halloween!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such cute costumes! I love that line-up of little boys in Krew's class. They are all tough guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these new posts. They are totally keeping me glued to the computer when I should be doing other things :))
    I can just hear Krew showing off his bee sting!
    Love Pocahontas Myla--clever tutu!
    Those Backman children are just too, too cute.

    ReplyDelete