Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Randomness and Hogle Zoo

I haven't been great at blogging lately so this is a catch-up post, back to almost 2 months ago. Myla was not even 7 months yet. I walked into my room where Myla was suppose to be sleeping. There she was. Not sleeping, but standing in her bed. I could hardly believe it! This was quite a bit earlier than Krew stood, so it took me by surprise. Ever since that day Myla has been pulling herself up to a stand to EVERYTHING!

And if you can't tell, she's quite excited about it!


She is a very busy body.

Both Krew and Myla have been stomach sleepers from the time the could roll over. The difference between her and Krew, is Myla doesn't turn her head to the side. It's a little unnerving to find her in the middle of the night face down!
 Seriously, I don't like it!

But don't let these sleeping pictures fool you, she is a horrible sleeper! After one particularly bad night she and I crashed in my bed. Jorden snapped this picture of us in a similar pose. 

Bath time!

These two LOVE the bath! Especially Myla. She screams and cries when I take her out!

 Myla mostly loves eating the bath toys,

 and Krew mostly loves sticking the bath toys on Myla.

Jorden has always cut Krew's hair in the backyard for easy clean up. This picture was really the first time Myla had seen her brother get his hair cut, and she didn't like it! She yelled and pounded on the glass the entire time!

This girl and her messes! She LIVES for making them! Her favorite mess-making spots are this nightstand in my room and the bookshelf in Krew's room. She can destroy a perfectly topic-organized bookshelf in about 1.2 seconds!

Let's not forget about the stairs. Not sure what it is with babies and stairs but it's like a magnet!
But trying to keep up with big brother is quite the motivation!


On an especially boring day shopping with Mom.
 Love this chocolate covered sleeping face! (I guess that's a contradiction. Using 'boring day' and
'chocolate face' in the same sentence!)
While Myla takes (what looks like) selfies in the seat next to him :)

Both Krew and Myla love the park! Krew begs me to ride his bike there every evening. We usually go right in time for the sprinklers and he wastes no time on getting soaking wet. Myla on the other hand, prefers the dry swings.


Hogle Zoo

As soon as we moved to Utah last year I knew I wanted to buy zoo passes. I have a lot of memories here. My parents always made sure we stopped at the zoo when we took our trips down to Utah. 
Krew loves the zoo! Goofy face :)
One day we stopped and watched the elephant show. He loved watching the baby elephant do tricks.

That is until some man literally sat on top of Krew.
 The conversation went like this
Man sits down on top of Krew.
Krew: Mom! Help!
Rude guy: Uh, sorry there's no room for me and my wife anywhere, so this is the only choice.
Me: Oookkkk. So just go ahead and smashed my 4-year-old. (Okay so I didn't say this out loud, but I should have!)
We got up and left the show. The bird show was better anyway! With much more spacious seating!

We discovered that Myla loves looking at all the animals, big and small. Except for the porcupine. It's terrifying for her. When I walked up to the glass the first time she crawled all over me, screaming. They are a little odd looking but you'd think the elephants, tigers, or gorillas would be scarier!

Krew enjoying the "great" view of the polar bear.


Teetering our way to the giraffes.

Krew's favorite part of the zoo. The carousel of course!


Love our lazy days of summer!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the descriptions of Myla and Krew--they are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I laughed at Myla's face down sleeping pictures (although I would hate that too!), and at the story of the guy sitting on Krew. (Although I would have also found this very rude!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wouldn't have recognized Myla. She is growing up amazingly fast, and she is just as cute as Krew is handsome!

    ReplyDelete