Thursday, July 11, 2013

Best Friends

 It's hard to believe that Myla is already 6 months old! (plus a couple of weeks!) On July 8 she had her well baby check-up and a couple of shots. Here are her stats:
Weight: 15 lbs 5 oz 27%
Length: 26" 49%
head circ: 42.9 cm 57%
Those dang shots make me so sad, when they are on my own children. Myla was pretty clingy for the next 2 days and very snuggly with her bunny. The bunny was mine when I was growing up. I pulled it out of storage a few months ago and let Myla have it. Krew also got to pick out a stuffed animal.

Despite her clinginess, she sure is cute! Really though, do they come cuter than this?!



A fashionista already!

Myla has never really loved her car seat. But the fussiness usually only came after an hour or so in her seat. Recently, she has become more and more impatient. I finally caved and put her in the shopping cart seat. She LOVED it!! But it did make shopping a whole lot slower! But it will be nice not to lug around that big car seat!

 I have been so impressed with Krew and Myla's relationship. They are such good friends and seriously love each other. I'm going to enjoy that while it last, because I know it may not last through teenage years! Myla is always giggling at Krew and Krew always watches out for Myla. He is sure to alert me whenever there is a problem. He has told me a couple of times, "Jessica, your daughter is crying!" Not sure why he calls me Jessica sometimes! Another time Krew said to me, "Mom, Myla really needs to try a caramel apple, that would be so nice to do!" I'm sure Myla was on Krew's mind when he devoured that caramel apple right in front of her, without even offering one taste!
When we left The Outlets I went over a curb a little too fast and Krew came falling out. He sits on the very edge of the stroller, which is really only meant to be a one-person stroller anyway. As I was helping Krew up and apologizing he said, "It's ok Mom, I still love you even when you hurt me." I can only imagine what that line sounded like to the person walking by! Once we got to the car he looked at his hands to see the damage that happened from the fall. He gasped from the back seat and said, "Mom! You made my hands crack all over when you pushed me out of the stroller!" He actually didn't have a scratch on him, he was just referring to the lines of his hands. Oh that kid!

 The other day, after an especially long day at the grocery store, I opened the back seat to find these two asleep and holding hands. My heart melted!

Am I blessed or what?!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I love the picture of them holding hands as they sleep. Those two are definitely blessings!

    Myla's hair is really getting thick. You'll be combing the bedhead snarls out in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a DARLING little girl. She's changing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hand-holding photo is so so sweet. What cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Krew cracks me up. Your kids are so sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys make beautiful babies!!! Krew is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete