Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter 2013

Krew was looking forward to Easter all week long! So on Saturday night we pulled out the eggs and let him go to town!
I made two dozen hard-boiled eggs and that went so fast!

 We had plenty of colors to choose from but at least half of the eggs were blue, Krew's new favorite color!
I found an OLD high school shirt perfect for egg-dying in :) 



This little cutie had to be up at the table to see what all the fun was about 


 Our finished products!
The missing eggs are still soaking in the blue.

 When we were done dying eggs, Krew put those extra stickers to good use!


 When we woke up on Easter morning we found the Easter bunny left more than enough eggs, candy, treats and books for one little boy!

 The Easter Bunny had some pretty good hiding spots,
 But none that outsmarted little Krew!


 Myla was a little hungry and knew her Dad couldn't help her out with that, hence the cute, but sad pouty face.

 Checkin' out the goods!

 Looks like the Easter Bunny brought an egg for Harvey too!!

After the egg hunt we ate a french toast breakfast and watched a clip on Easter. 
Krew asked a lot of good questions. I love how he is getting more curious! It really brought the true meaning of Easter into our home!

That evening we went down to Great Grandma Jane and Great Grandpa Bob's house for another Easter egg hunt and the third annual egg drop! It was so fun! 
Everyone made a contraption to put their egg in and we went to the high school to drop them off the bleachers. One level at a time. Right after I took this picture Jorden says to me, 
"Hey Jess. Where's Krew?" 
Me, "Um. I thought you knew!" 
Well look really carefully in the picture and maybe you can spot him.
Look next to the goal post. Ya, see that little red dot? That's my son running laps. All by himself. He has a lot of energy. All. The. Time. But we wouldn't have it any other way!

 We yelled for him to come back.
 Here he comes.
 We all had a good laugh!


Now to the group. L to R. Blake's friend Jordan, Blake, Kortney, Brady, Lindsay with Oaklie, Carson, Conley, Michelle, Haley's new fiance Johnny, Haley, Jorden and Grandpa Bob.

Level 1. I think some people were out in the first round but most moved forward.

Level 2. Several more feet up. More people were out this round. But I don't remember who!

Level 3. The highest level. After just dropping them off at this level, no one was eliminated. So they were chucked down as hard as possible!


After that, only 3 people were left so we stayed on the ground and chucked them down as hard as we could. One more was eliminated. Jorden and Jorden's Aunt, Kerilee remained. 
Checking to make sure the egg wasn't cracked.
We decided There was no way to break these eggs. So the winners were. Jorden and Kerilee. Kerilee was kind enough to give us the prize of the Kneader's gift card!

We had such a good day!
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to guess Krew was in the black bag Jorden is holding, but his running around the track makes better sense. He does have endless energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute posts! I too have a high school shirt that looks just like that! Krew and Myla are so cute and are getting so big! I like that egg game. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with Aunt Chris there :) Cute kids! :)

    ReplyDelete