I always thought St. Patrick's Day was so cool growing up. Mostly because my Mom made us a cool green dinner each and every year. My siblings and I loved it so much, so I decided to carry on the tradition with my own family.
We had green sherbet and sprite drinks.
Our dinner was chicken alfredo, with spinach noodles and green alfredo sauce. I also made green bread. For some reason it looked so much more appetizing growing up. I just couldn't bring myself to dye the chicken green too.
And of course a green salad :)
We ended with a pistachio Oreo dessert.
Krew thought it was pretty cool to be eating so much green!
We actually did this dinner the day after St. Patrick's Day so that's why Krew isn't wearing any green! He wore his green Jazz jersey the day of.



Dad was pretty unhappy that I didn't make him a green meal this year. I guess I've greened myself out over the years! And ps--it wasn't more appetizing when I made green food, it's just that you were a kid!
ReplyDeleteWhat a awesome and fun mom you are! I loved all the fun holiday dinners mom did for us growing up.
ReplyDeleteI love to see traditions being carried on. Good for you!
ReplyDelete