Our sweet little Myla was born on Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm. She weighed 7lbs and was 18 3/4 inches long. Her middle name-J stands for both Jessica and Jones. Myla's due date was December 24th--Christmas Eve. When I first found out I was pregnant I was really hoping I'd deliver a little early so she wouldn't be born on Christmas, or so we wouldn't still be in the hospital on Christmas morning. But I also had two weddings to be at a week before my due date. So I didn't want to go earlier then that. Luckily I made it to both of the weddings so after the celebrations I was so ready to deliver! I was so uncomfortable and pretty sick. I was being as active as I could so I could hopefully push myself into labor. I had two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) of false labor. Can I just tell you how horrible that it?! Seriously, I get my hopes up and go through the painful contractions for nothing! Nothing! So frustrating! I started going crazy thinking I would never go into labor. To help myself cope I made bow after bow and all kinds of headbands.
Some people call it nesting...I call it going crazy. (And sending your husband crazy too!)
My Doctor scheduled me to be induced on the 18th but when the day came, I just didn't want to do it. I can't really say why. I just wanted to go into labor on my own. When I cancelled that appointment, he scheduled me to be induced on the 23rd. Just in case. I never thought I would have made it to the 23rd anyway. Well it was a good thing I did make that appointment because by the 23rd I still hadn't delivered! So on Saturday night, the 22nd, I took one last maternity picture.
I told you, I felt horrible and looked even worse! Good thing cute little
Krew was in the picture with me.
Jorden's parents drove down from Idaho Falls to take Krew while we were at the hospital. What a blessing it was to have them help us out!
A close-up of the belly
Sunday morning came. We had to be at the hospital at 7am. They started the Pitocin then broke my water a few hours later. The whole morning (and really my whole pregnancy) I was worried about the epidural. I had a pretty bad experience when I was delivering Krew and I didn't want to go through it again. I talked to the nurse about my experience and she and Jorden convinced me to get an epidural early. (I was at an 8 or 9 with Krew) So when I was dilated to a 2, and in virtually no pain, I got my epidural. I definitely had a better experience this time. Way less painful! After the epidural all we had to do was wait.
And wait.
For what seemed like forever.
Luckily we had a pretty good view out our window.
And on the TV. Gotta love Peyton and the Broncos! Every nurse and doctor that walked in teased Jorden. "Oh your wife is in labor and you still have to watch the game!" Well it was actually me who turned it on!
But Jorden enjoyed watching it too.
Having it be Sunday the sacrament came in. Afterwards the nurse anesthetist informed us that our little girl would share a birthday with Joseph Smith. Only in Utah, maybe in Idaho, but never in Montana would we get the sacrament and the nurse tell us it's Joseph Smith's birthday! We love living in Utah!
My contractions were getting more and more regular. Jorden kept track of my contractions and every time I was having one Jorden would say it looks like the elevation profile for his bike races. Thanks Jorden but I think my contractions were probably even more painful then your bike hills! Jorden also kept me preoccupied by dancing to the YMCA in my room. He almost got caught a couple of times but he definitely kept my mind off the contractions!! This is why I love my husband so much! He can always make me laugh. Even in some of the toughest times!
By 1:45 my contractions we pretty regular. The nurse came in and checked me; I was at a 6. Just 20 minutes later I felt excruciating pain on my left side. I kept thinking, "I feel like this baby is coming out right now!" But since I was only at a 6, 20 minutes earlier, I kept telling myself to calm down, that no way could she already be here! But the pain got worse and worse. I called the nurse in. When she checked me she said, "Oh wow! You're ready. She is definitely on her way!"
Keeping my (and Myla's) oxygen levels up!
The doctor rushed in. I pushed with 4 contractions and had our sweet baby girl at 2:30. Feeling everything on my left side was definitely motivation to push and get the pain over with!
I will never forget what an emotional experience it is when baby finally arrives. Nothing in this world is as special as this!
Cleaning her up and getting her vitamin K shot,
and getting her weight. This is the picture that we have of her weight. But it was recorded in her record as 7lbs even.
We all immediately thought she looked like a girl version of Krew!
But for some reason in this picture I see me/Jones side.
She came out with beautiful color and beautiful ruby red lips! She also had the longest fingernails!
She has an impressive amount of dark brown hair!
Jorden went with the nurse to get Myla's footprints
and first bath. He even got to pick out her first hair bow.
When Krew walked into the room right after Myla arrived he was carrying a huge pink dog for his new baby sister. It made me emotional to see Krew meet his baby sister for the first time. He warmed up to Myla right away. It could be because Myla got Krew a new Ramone car.
Krew was really excited about it. He even told me, "Mom I know why you throw up when baby Myla is in your belly! Because she had Ramone in your belly!" Yep Krew! I'm pretty sure that would make me really sick!
Our sweet little girl.
The evening that Myla was born, Jorden started feeling like a cold was coming on. We were hoping it was just from a long day and he could sleep it off. But we were wrong. The next morning he had a full-blown cold. He got very little sleep and was pretty exhausted. He kept a mask on the spare Myla from the sickness, and luckily she never got it!
On Christmas Eve we were ready to get home so we could get ready for Christmas. My doctor said he always likes his patients to stay two night, so I had to sign a special release form in order to leave a day early. I felt like I recovered so much faster this time and was ready to be home for Christmas. Myla was also doing great. So home we went.
Thanks Megan for the cute coming-home-from-the-hospital-outfit!
Myla loves to hold onto any finger she can get a hold of. What baby doesn't?! Here she has a death grip on my pinkie with one hand and a hold on my thumb with her other hand! So sweet!
Ready to face the fierce winter! We had one heck of a storm on Christmas Eve!
When we got home on Christmas Eve, Krew was excited we brought Myla home with us too! He wanted to hold her right away.
Silly little Krew takes after his Dad for sure!
He has been such a good big brother! I overhear him telling Myla all the time, "Myla you are SO tiny and SO cute!" Krew also tells me he will chase all the mean boys away from Myla. I like that one Krew!
Myla's first sponge bath at home. She absolutely hated it! She screamed bloody murder the whole time! But she has loved every bath since!
Long fingers and long toes!
Myla LOVES to be swaddled! Opposite from her brother who would rather lounge and stretch out! She always keeps her hands up by her chin.
Another picture of that good head of hair.
I love all the faces of a newborn. She is constantly playing with her tongue!
Welcome to our family beautiful little Myla. We love you!





















Jessica, what a wonderful post! Myla is so adorable! I can't wait to see her.
ReplyDeleteJorden and Jessica, She is beautiful! I have been so excited to see pictures of this little girl! I love her name too! Congrats
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...she is the cutest! I seriously can't wait to meet her! I can't stop looking at these pictures of her...she's so adorable! I loved reading her birth story and I'm so glad the epidural went better this time. Hopefully we can make a trip down to Utah soon to see you guys. I need to snuggle that little girl. Congrats you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this. Thanks for sharing! She looks like she was worth every minute of pain and discomfort. What a cutie! Can't wait for more pictures!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! Such a cute girl and I think she really does look like you. I loved what Krew said to her. What a great big brother. She'll be well taken care of! Glad you're doing so well too Jessica.
ReplyDeleteOh Jess! She is so beautiful! I definitely see resemblance between you two and between her and krew too (which also means Jorden since krew looks like jorden!) What a good mix! I love the pics! I'm glad the epidural went good this time! We are so excited to meet her!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun to read this. You have a lovely family.
ReplyDelete