One of the very best things about having a baby is having my Mom come to town! I was looking forward to my Mom coming from the moment Myla was born. So on a plane my Mom went to meet this sweet little girl.

Krew also really looks forward to Grandma coming. In his words, "Grandma Jones is sooooo nice!! And she brings me the coolest surprises!" These transformer cars kept him entertained all week and is now his new favorite toys.
When I told Krew that Grandma was coming, he immediately said he had to show her how fast he can ride his bike in our unfinished basement.
And that he did.
Over and over and over again. Thanks Mom for being so excited to watch him ride circles!
My Mom is the best and took me shopping one day. Shopping by myself for nursing bras is just not very fun with two little kids, even though Krew was really good throughout the day (except the part where he knocked down all the lotions at Motherhood Maternity. But we won't talk about that).
Overall he was such a trooper and didn't seem to mind the shopping at all.
But it helps,
that Grandma stops at the photo booths to let Krew get his picture taken. Something mean-o-mom hardly ever lets him do.
And stopping at our favorite Kneader for lunch helps too! Krew LOVES those sugar cookies! And I for one could eat about 10 of their cinnamon rolls!
(excuse the closed eyes. I've been really tired!)
Krew kept my Mom and me laughing all week. For some wonderful reason he would tell us repeatedly how tiny we both were. I'll take it! Especially only 2 weeks after having a baby!
He is such a good little boy!
The next day I woke up and didn't feel very good. With every passing hour I felt worse and worse until I thought I was going to die. My Mom convinced me to go in. I had a bad case of mastitis and an upper respiratory tract infection.
I remember my nursing instructor in my Maternal Child class talking about how miserable mastitis is. Boy was she right! With Jorden in Arizona for work, what in the world would I have done without my Mom?!
While I waited for several hours at urgent care my Mom stayed home with the kids. As soon as I walked out the door, Krew showed Grandma where the stash of candy is.
What are Grandmas for anyway?!
Luckily Myla did a lot of this,
and a little bit of this while I was gone.
But Krew was there to keep a watchful eye, just in case!
There is one thing I hate about my Mom coming to town.
The part where she leaves.
Even Myla couldn't help but cry when my Mom left!
Oh it's so hard to see her go. I always feel like I need a few more days (or weeks) with her. I've decided she needs to move to Utah!
Thanks Mom for such a wonderful week! Please come back soon!


Oh, we had so much fun! You can count on me returning!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet tribute to your mom. Loved it.
ReplyDelete