Friday, July 27, 2012

LPN Graduation


Never did I think that nursing was the career I wanted to follow. From about my sophomore year in high school I wanted to be a dental hygienist. I started working as a dental assistant while we were living in Pocatello, Idaho and I learned that dental was just not the path for me. After I had Krew I got the urge to start looking into nursing. Then I got a push from Jorden's parents saying they'll be more than happy to watch Krew while I go to school. It was just what I needed to hear. I needed more CNA hours in order to apply for the LPN program. As soon as I got a job working as a CNA I immediately felt nursing was the direction I needed to go, not dental. 
The LPN program was 3 semesters long. In my second semester, I became pregnant with Myla and was so sick. I even fainted at clinicals one day while getting report at Blackfoot South (A mental hospital) Now that was fun! A few months after I became pregnant, Jorden got the job offer we were waiting for. He immediately moved down to Utah which left me and Krew in Idaho Falls, putting our house on the market, packing up our house, being sick from pregnancy, AND trying to finish the LPN program. We lived in different states for 6 months. So to say I was shocked when I graduated with honors would be quite the understatement. But dang I worked hard!
There's no possible way I would have been able to finish the program without Jorden's parents. I am eternally grateful to them. They took Krew almost every single day and Krew loved every minute of it. They even had to put up with time when he dumped out an entire bag of powdered sugar. It left a layer of powdered sugar all over their kitchen. Literally from ceiling to floor.
 I also wouldn't have been able to finish without my parents. I remember the first day of school my instructor said no one will graduate this program without some tears shed; boy was that true! My poor parents were the ones who listened to those tears the most. They are amazing and are always so positive and encouraging. 
My parents came down from Billings to come to my pinning ceremony and The Pearsons came down from Rexburg. It meant so much to me that they would come support me.
Before the pinning ceremony we went to Stockman's in Idaho Falls.
(Jorden's parents were out of town but they were there in spirit!)
McKay with Brinlee, Ashley, Jorden, Me, Mom, Dad with Krew

Brinlee and Krew playing at the restaurant.

Then we headed to the school for the pinning. I spent almost every single day on this floor!
Getting ready for the ceremony to start.

Krew is getting so big, Grandpa can barely lift him!

They had a slide-show of our year together. Here I am passing off a skill in the skills lab with Taylor Hansen.

Jorden "pinning" me
4 months pregnant. :)
Stating the Nurse's Oath.
 

What an experience this program was! It was one of the hardest things I've ever done but also one of the most rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment