With Independence Day, our trip to Montana, and graduating, this was one busy July. And it's not even over! It started at the 4th of July parade in Idaho Falls. Krew had croup the week before and then a fever the days prior to the 4th. We were worried about him feeling well enough for the festivities of the day and week, but he did great on the 4th.
Pointing out the cool stuff in the parade.
Deciding what candy from Dad's hand he should eat next.
Cute pictures of Krew and his Grandpa and Grandma Backman
For some reason Jorden thought it would be a good idea to pick me up when I asked him to take a picture with me. I'm getting bigger everyday and I don't know if he'll be able to do this for long!
Krew didn't want his picture taken,
so Jorden disciplined him, which involved tickling him to death.
That night we went to the Melaleuca firework show in Idaho Falls. We go every year and have a lot of fun. But even when we sprint at the end of the show to get to our car, we always wait in the long line of cars for at least a half an hour. But it's worth it!
Eating some ribs and hot dogs before the show starts
"Take a picture of my hot dog Mom!"
I wanted a close up of my handsome husband. (He's not going to appreciate this picture)
I wanted a cute picture of us together but Jorden wouldn't stop being goofy. I'm hard for him to resist :)
Krew is ALL boy! He loves to wrestle any chance he gets!
Once the fireworks started, Krew was in awe and loved every minute of it!
We got home at about midnight that night and the next morning I had my comprehensive final which is a NCLEX predictor test. It's a pass or fail test. With a huge relief of passing, we headed up to Red Lodge, Montana. All of my siblings were in town and we had a great reunion.
We had a lot of fun, playing minute-to-win-it games and other board games, such as Quelf
Which makes you do a lot of embarrassing things!
The next day we went to Red Lodge Zoo. All of the animals are locally rescued.
Krew's favorite animal was the black bear, who kept trying to break off the cage lock with his paw...a little bit scary!
Afterwards we went out for ice cream.
Krew and his cousin Caden enjoying their ice cream cone.
Krew loved playing with all of his cousins. I caught him and Chase holding hands, how adorable!
At the cabin,
Krew loved throwing rocks into the river. He would always try and find the biggest ones!
When he got tired of that he had stick fights with Dad.
Me and my handsome Krew!
Jorden paying me back for getting close up pictures of him the day before!
Krew could have played in the creek all day and night. He loved learning how to skip rocks from Dad.
Do I not have the most handsome husband and son in the world?!
Finding cool bugs on cool rocks.
My beautiful family!
We tried to get a picture of all the grandkids.
Krew obviously thought a bear would come out of the woods and eat him, if I left him.
So this is the best we got!
It was so good to see all of my family! I can't wait to get together again!

















I missed those rock throwing events! Lots of fun times.
ReplyDeleteJessica, I don't know what you're talking about when you say Jorden might have a hard time picking you up. You don't even look pregnant yet. I love the family pictures at the end. What a gorgeous group. I'm proud to be related.
ReplyDeleteAunt Judy, this is part of why I love you so much! :) Mom, the rocks were when you guys were hiking and Krew just woke up from his nap.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Aunt Judy ;) You're gorgeous - no wonder Jorden can't resist!! I so wish we could have made it up to the Cabin to see you guys - hopefully in October when I come for Briggs' baptism! Oh, and good luck on passing your test!!
ReplyDelete