This last week Jorden and I had our 5 year anniversary. Time has gone by so fast! To celebrate we took a quick trip down to Salt Lake City. Just the two of us! A big thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Backman for taking Krew! This was our first night away from him.
We had so much fun! We were able to go to a movie at the Gateway late Friday night. (Tickets were $3 cheaper then at Edwards in Idaho Falls!) Then we had pizza at 1am! Which is late for Jorden and me!
It snowed in downtown SLC the whole time! I think for our 10-year we'll go to Hawaii!
Jorden and I love to watch the Food Network and the Travel Channel. So all of our meals came from places we saw on TV.
Breakfast on Saturday morning was Burges. A place we saw on Man v. Food. It's a Belgium restaurant that serves only a few items. These were the BEST WAFFLES I've ever had! Jorden got a cinnamon waffle with bananas and cream and I got a vanilla waffle with strawberries and cream. We dreamt about these the rest of the weekend!
Lunch was at Red Iguana. A place we saw on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was a dive, but the food was very good!
When we got home on Saturday night, Idaho Falls didn't have nearly the amount of snow that Salt Lake has! But I think we made up for it last night because we woke up to about an inch! Krew didn't waste any time to shovel the snow, off the grass?! While in his pajamas!
He wasn't happy that his tricycle is probably in the garage for the rest of the year!
And he wasn't happy that he didn't listen to his Mom, and put his gloves on!
Winter is surely here!!
Even with all the new snow, we had a great weekend!
Even with all the new snow, we had a great weekend!
Happy Anniversary Jorden! I love you!!



Wow, I was so loving your SLC adventure, right up to the cinnamon waffle with bananas and cream.
ReplyDeleteI love the last picture; happy anniversary you two!!!
You sound like our kind of travelers. We also went to The Red Iguana after seeing it on DD&Ds. It had some very fun selections. I think we would definitely go there again. Happy anniversary, you two!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I've loved Red Iguana for years; I wish people would quit discovering it, because it's too crowded now. Guess I'll have to try Burges too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! It looked like lots of fun! It's all about the food isn't it. I think we'll have to try out a few of those places. Sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete