Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July 2011

We had another fun 4th of July this year! We started it off bright n' early at the firecracker 5k. Once again it was the 4 of us that ran,

And once again Brad kicked our candy and finished before us.

We had an awesome cheer team. Great Grandma Losee came up from Spanish Fork, UT and cheered us on with Krew and Suanne. 

 (Yes it was so early that Krew was still in his pajamas and still had bedhead)

 After the run we hurried home to get ready for the parade.
The parade was a little dissapointing this year but the company was great.
 Chet, Krew, and Jorden


I Love this man!!


To say that Krew loved playing with his 2nd cousins (Dallin, Logan, and Ellie) Would be an understatement! He could not get enough of the running around and wrestling with kids his own age! Wrestling with Dad is fun for only so long.
After the parade we had an amazing BBQ at Jorden's parent's house. Then later that night it was off to the firework show. The Melaleuca Firework show is said to have the biggest show west of the Mississippi (I don't know if that's true, but that's what I heard). It was pretty amazing. It did have an estimate of about 100,000 people! Because the show doesn't start until dark, about 10pm, Krew was tired and worn out from the day and didn't want much to do with the fireworks. But it was still an awesome day.

 Krew carried his new flag around for several days saying, "America! America!"
We are so grateful for this country that we live in!

1 comment:

  1. I am deeply impressed that Brad can out run all of you! I love the picture of Krew waving his flag.

    ReplyDelete