Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trip To Montana!

 I can hardly believe it but my youngest sister, Megan, graduated from high school on Sunday the 29th. (I can hardly believe it because it seems like she should still be in middle school, not because I didn't think she could do it!)
Jorden went on a fishing trip with his Dad and brother to Henry's Lake, so Krew and I made the the trip up to Billings. From the time I pulled out of my drive way in Idaho Falls, picked up Ashley and McKay in Rexburg and pulled up to my parents house, it took about 7 hours. 7 hours is a long time in the car for a 2 year old, Luckily we brought the lap top and lots of movies to entertain him for at least a little bit.

If only those darn earphones would stay in without having to lean sideways.


My older sister Shelly, or as I like to call her, "Superwoman"  drove all the way from Sioux Falls, South Dakota with her 5 kids. It took her 15 hours because of several detours, but I am SO glad she came. Krew absolutely loved playing with all of his cousins!
Eating breakfast with cousins, Caden and Chase. I think all kids love Lucky Charms! Especially a certain part of Lucky Charms...the marshmallows! As you can see the non-marshmallows are scattered on the floor.

Saturday morning was Megan's graduation open house. All the girls made the food, cleaned and decorated.
Me, Shelly and Chase working on the food.
Once again Uncle McKay was so awesome about playing/entertaining all the kids while the girls worked. What would we do without him?!


Krew and cousin Chase waiting for the party to start.


Caden and Krew guarded the cooler to make sure no one got into it before the party started!


The kids getting rid of some energy!


Ashley and Ava (Shelly's baby) coordinated just for the party :)

Jordan and Kailyn helping decorate.

The food:

And the cutest graduate of 2011!
I cannot believe the turn out we had! I think everyone at Skyview High attended!!
Sadly, not everyone thought the party was fun.


The after party:
Some were just plain worn out from all the festivities!

Graduation Day finally arrived. We came a hour and a half early to get good seats! Luckily Krew slept for most of that wait!

Ashley, Jessica with Krew, and Shelly.


 Krew woke up right before the ceremony started but was still a little tired :)


 There she is! The cute one with the honor tassels.


Let me just add this.
No I am not taking pictures of random people's head. See the lady scrunched down by the bars in the red coat. That's my Mom, or in Shelly's words that's, "Mrs. Paparazzi." She was the first one out of her seat and down there wanting to get a good shot of Megan walking out. Oh how I love my Mom!!

That's Megan on stage getting her diploma!

When we headed onto the floor to try and find Megan it was so crowded! So these two cuties kept a look out!



All the sisters. L to R
Amy, Ashley, Megan, Shelly, Jessica


Megan and the proud parents.


Megan and Shelly.


Megan with the Pearsons.


Me with Krew and Megan.
Congratulations Megan! We are so proud of you. We can't wait for you to move to Idaho!!

After graduation Krew stole Megan's cap. I think he's getting a little ahead of himself. First we need to work on getting you potty trained Krew!

Krew and I also went over to visit my Uncle Cliff and Aunt Diane where he sat on Cliff's motorcycle. He has been talking about motorcycles since....Krew, you're getting WAY ahead of yourself! Like by 100 years!


Over the weekend Krew played rough and tough with his older cousins and for some reason Krew seemed to run into everything! I think he was distracted by all the fun! It's hard to tell from the pictures but by the time I brought him home he had scratches and bruises all over his face. Including a black left eye, which is now a pretty shade of purple and blue.
Hopefully no one turns me into child services!

He's still a handsome lookin' boy!


And for the first time in 5 years, I celebrated my birthday in Billings. Which is the way to do it because when I went home I received a second birthday party. Wow am I spoiled or what?! 
I can't believe I'm 24! Really?! I guess it's bound to happen but that seems so old!

I had a wonderful group of kids to help me blow out all the candles!
Thanks family for making my birthday a special day!

On the way home we saw some more buffalo. Krew was so excited and kept saying, "Touch it!" He was a little bit upset when we told him they'll bite.



Goodbye Montana, Hopefully we'll see you soon...or hopefully some Joneses can come see Idaho soon! Hint, hint ;)

3 comments:

  1. Who knew? All these years I've been avoiding buffalo horns and hooves and it's their TEETH I should have been running from!

    It was so fun to have you visit! Thanks for making the long journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see so many of you together. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun trip!! And 24 is not old ;-) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete