Friday, May 6, 2011

Krew Turns 2!!

I know a lot of parents say they can't believe how big their kids are getting. But I really can't believe my baby turned 2 on Tuesday! It seems like just yesterday we were at Porneuf Medical Center in Pocatello meeting our sweet little baby Krew for the first time. So to celebrate his 2nd birthday we had a few friends and family over & had a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party.

Krew LOVES Mickey Mouse! He also loves Buzz Lightyear but that cake looked too hard to make. So I decided on Mickey Mouse.

I learned some important lesson when making this cake. 1st: Use the frosting recipe they tell you to on the back of the cake pan. I didn't, and the frosting I used was too thin to do the "piping stars" that is suppose to be done. and 2nd: Buy a cake next time. Because instead of spending quality time with Krew on his birthday I worked on this cake ALL DAY! A store bought cake probably would have tasted better too. I had to add so much color paste to make the frosting black that it tasted a bit off. Lesson learned!


We started off the party with the pinata! Krew's friend Quinton was a pro at hitting that thing!


Krew needed a little help. I think he was more interested in the candy!



After the pinata fun we came inside to have cake and ice cream.
Blowing out the candle!


Krew ate a few bites of the cake but as soon as he realized he had ice cream that is all he wanted. He LOVES ice cream...wonder where he gets that from?!

Then Krew opened all of his presents.
He got a lot of cool things that he loves!
Quinton helping Krew. So cute!




Krew & I were at Target a couple of weeks ago to pick out birthday presents. He spotted the baseball helmets and put one on his head. One that was way too big, but once he put it on his head he would not take it off or even replace it for a smaller one. I figured since he liked it so much it might as well be a birthday present. He reluctantly handed it to the cashier so we could pay for it but it went right back on his head. I was finally able to hide it when he took his nap that day.  He asked for his, "Helbit" everyday until his birthday. He was pretty excited to open this present!



1st bike! And yes he wears his baseball helmet when he rides. He is not interested in a biking helmet.

Maybe one day it will fit him...

maybe?

He has been SO entertained by all of his toys this week. He loves his cars, trains, tool box, backpack and everything else he got!



Including what Grandma and Grandpa Backman brought to our backyard!

Krew will not want to come inside all summer!


Harvey helps keep an eye on him to make sure he is safe.


Grandma & Grandpa Jones sent a big box of presents for Krew and look what was included....
Oh boy! Am I ready for this? Maybe in a few months!

Krew had a blast on his birthday but by the end of the evening he was a little worn out!
Hey! It's his birthday he can cry if he wants to!

4 comments:

  1. Krew loves ice cream? Where did he get that from??

    Your cake turned out so cute. What an amazing first effort!

    Krew, you are going up far too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cake. It looks amazing. I too can't believe Krew is already 2 (for some reason I always forget how close in age he is to Chase).

    Yeah potty training is NOT fun...in my opinion. I think it is one thing about parenting that I would love to hire out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he is already two. What a cute boy!

    As far as the underwear goes, we are heading down that road soon! YIKES! It's a scary one! Just think of all the money you'll save on diapers. That's the only thing I can think of that makes me feel a little better:)

    Cute Cake too! I have been learning a lesson with every cake that I have made. Once you think that you've made all the mistakes that you can make, you just keep finding more! But my suggestion if you want to make his cakes is to make them the night before, then you have all day to spend with him. That's what I have done in the past and it's worked out great. You did an awesome job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krew has such a handsome, grown-up face. He looks lots older than two (to me). But he does look like a boy who has a happy family.

    ReplyDelete