Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Road Trip

 My little sister, Ashley, is due with her first baby June 29th. So we decided to throw a party to get the Pearsons prepared for their new little girl. Krew and I carpooled with Ashley and McKay up to Billings, Montana (Jorden had to stay home and work).
We always hope to see wildlife but aren't always so lucky. This trip we saw wildlife and it was all within a mile of each other. First this herd of buffalo who couldn't care less if you wanted to drive by, especially the one right in front of our car.

They were looking pretty thin and scraggly...well for buffalo.

 Just up the hill were these two elk.
We also saw a coyote but I wasn't quick enough to snap a picture.


Finally arrived!
Krew was rockin' it in MaKayla's pink sunglasses....I guess this is what happens when Dad isn't around to keep Krew manly. Sorry Jorden

When we got to Billings we hurried and started cooking and decorating. Megan and I went to pick up balloons. When I wasn't looking Megan picked out the biggest balloon the store had. We laughed all the way home!


I made the desserts (with the help of my awesome mother in-law who helped me pre-make a lot of cookies!)  and my mom made all the delicious food. Including, little smokies, sweet n' sour meatballs, and chicken, cream cheese pastry things. It was all so good!


 The guest of honor! Isn't she cute?! She is about 28 weeks along. We were so busy before the shower that when the shower actually started we forgot to take pictures! But trust me, Ashley got a lot of cute things!





My Dad and Uncle McKay were awesome at keeping Krew entertained while the girls worked on party stuff.
Uncle McKay playing with the balloons with Krew.


He even walked around the block with him.
 But what he loved the most was the trampoline!
He loved watching Uncle McKay jump really high,


And loved to try to jump really high too!



Krew & Hailey
Krew also had so much fun with his cousins.
For some reason Krew was obsessed with crushed ice and would eat it by the bowlfuls. Maybe it's because we don't have crushed ice at our house?

It was a really fun weekend! It's always hard to say goodbye but Krew was also pretty excited to see Jorden and Harvey :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I didn't know Megan was the one who picked out that enormous balloon!

    Krew, I'll try not to be hurt that you were happier to see Dad than you were sad to leave me ;o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe all the buffalo! I have never seen that many on all my trips between Billings and Utah. It looks like you guys threw Ashley a great shower :)

    ReplyDelete