Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Welcome Home!

Jorden's younger brother, Chet, got home from his mission on Thurday March 24. He served in the Barranquilla, Colombia mission. His plane arrived at the Idaho Falls airport just after 9 pm, which is way past Krew's bedtime! Krew was a tad on the grumpy side but at least he stayed awake to meet his uncle for the first time. (I was 7 1/2 months pregnant when Chet left) Chet also meet his brother in-law, Eric, for the first time! So it was a great welcome home!!
 Hi Uncle Chet!


Patiently waiting with our signs!

 But we couldn't contain our excitement for long!

We really couldn't control it!!

I guess the guys could contain theirs!


Krew got tired of waiting and played video games in the arcade for a while instead.


Until right before the plane was scheduled to land. Then Krew stood by the windows, waiting.
 And waiting...


Until Chet finally walked through those doors! Chet was one of the first people off the plane. We were so glad he didn't make us wait any longer!


I LOVE this picture! So sweet!

 Chet and Suanne.



Chet and Brad.



Jorden with Krew about to hug Chet.



Me with Krew meeting Chet.



Catching up...



By the end of the night Krew was exhausted! He went to bed at about 11pm every night this weekend. It might be a long week trying to get him back on his schedule! Does this position look familiar?


(Sept. 2009)
Some things never change!

The next day, on Friday, Jorden's other younger brother, Blake, got to call home and talk to Chet and the rest of the family. He is serving in Houston, Texas. It was great to hear from him!
On Sunday Chet gave his homecoming talk in Sacrament and did sooo good! Afterwards we had a friends and family gathering. Where we ate lots of good food. Krew LOVED playing with all of his second cousins! These three are all within 6 months of each other and to say they loved watching Ruby (the Backman's lab) through the window would be an understatement! We really needed to get this on video because all three were screaming and giggling!

Left to Right: Krew Backman, Dallin Billings and Parker Lee

It was a great weekend. We are so grateful Chet is safe and sound and home!
Welcome home Chet!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the girls and the signs! Then to see the guys in their signs... so typical of men, made me laugh. Looks like you had a great reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Chet!! I can't believe he is home already. Crazy!! I love all the pictures, especially the one of him and Suanne. So precious. Its so weird to think that will be us someday hugging our boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting to have him back! Columbia! I think I would be scared to go there! I didn't think they sent missionaries there anymore except for ones already from there?! Guess I was wrong! Cute pictures of Krew sleeping! :)

    ReplyDelete