The Backman family vacation may be impossible to beat. We went to Disneyland right before Christmas and had an absolute blast!
I posted way too many pictures but I just couldn't cut any out!
The trip started with a delay but Krew stayed plenty entertained with the airplanes landing and loading. He could have done this all day! I probably lasted about 5 minutes.
Brad and Blake having a nice little cuddle on the plane. Ha!
When we landed in California we had a nice non-embarrassing 11-passenger van waiting for us. It was perfect for the week! It may have been a bus but everybody fit and it got us where we needed to be. It was perfect!
Myla was out cold once we loaded in the van. She was pretty worn out from crying so hard when we were landing. Poor baby ears :(
Brad and Suanne rented this amazing Disney-themed house just a few miles from Disneyland. Each room had a different theme. We stayed in the Cars room. It was so fun for the kids...and well for us too!
After we dropped off our bags we headed straight to Sam's Club to load up on food for the week. My goodness, I could shop all day every day with these two cuties in tow!
We did a three day pass at Disneyland and California Adventure and it's a good thing we did! There is just way too much to see in one day! Carsland is fairly new, opening in 2012, and it was by far our favorite part of Disney. It is like you're walking right into the movie Cars.
Meeting Lightening McQueen! This was pretty cool. He actually talked to you and drove by himself! When Krew put his hand up on the hood McQueen said, "Hey watch it! I just got shined up!"
Myla is asleep in the stroller on the left.
Krew had such a blast on the Cars ride. He wanted to go on it over and over. Too bad the lines were a couple hours long. But we managed to get on twice.
Jorden and Krew getting ready to race!
Krew in the middle back, next to Jorden and me-with the hand covered face.
I can't imagine what cell phones have done to the business of photography at Disneyland, when you can snap your own picture why would you purchase theirs?!
Waiting in line for the second time. I caught Krew mid-cough.
The anticipation was just too much! He was so exhausted by this point but nothing could deter this boy from the ride.
Krew is at the perfect height to get his face covered up!
Lacie and Eric in the back.
Below. Top row:?, Suanne, Brad
Front row: Lacie, Eric
Jorden and Krew on a bumper cars ride in Carsland.
Krew and I waiting in line for the tracker ride. Krew wanted to go on just about every ride with Dad but I did manage to steal him for a few rides :)
Patiently waiting!
I got to watch these two pacifier junkies while the others went on a ride. They both fell asleep shortly after this picture was taken. Disneyland is exhausting!!
Tower of Terror!
In the front row is Brad, me, Chelsea, Chet, Blake, Megan
I'm obviously more frightened than the others! I'm actually laughing...really!!
Some flippy-do roller coaster. I don't even remember the name of this one. The only thing I remember is when the ride ended and everyone was getting off, Brad (in front of me) sat there pretending to be dead. The workers all came running up to him and the look of horror on every one's face was priceless. It was an evil trick but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
This picture will forever go down in the Book of Awesomeness! Somehow we convinced Lacie and Suanne (Both in the middle) to go on Space Mountain with us. Let's just say they will NEVER do that again! Their faces, (or hiding face) proves it! It's personally my very favorite ride and now I have a very favorite picture to go along with it!
Another great one! Everyone had to run home and change after this one.
The next time they wore rain gear. Smart thinkin'!
Now that I look back I can't believe we took Krew on Splash Mountain. He was barely tall enough to ride almost every ride. He sure loved this one!
I was forced into the front and I was not about to get wet!!!
Krew and I went on Matterhorn together,
with everyone behind us!
Megan, Blake, Chet, Chelsea, Lacie, and Eric.
Good o' classic carousel ride.
What a stud!
Meeting the characters!
Goofy:
Buzz Lightyear!
And the one and only Mickey Mouse! Meeting Mickey was a little anticlimactic. You wait in line for over an hour then finally enter this room where a worker gets everyone pumped up to meet Mickey. You walk in, take a quick picture then they hurry and rush you out. I guess that's what they have to do for someone as famous as Mickey.
Lindley was a little nervous.
Krew was excited
and wished he could have stayed longer.
Myla wanted nothing to do with any of the characters and that's why she's not in any of the pictures. She was just starting to walk at this time and wanted to spend her time perfecting her skills.
Café Orleans! We all came here to order the same thing. The Monte Cristo Sandwich. Sooooo good! This is a must have when in Disneyland! But it is definitely big enough to split with someone.
Myla was more interested in coloring than eating. I Love this picture! What a doll!
Krew really wanted his face painted. He picked a Nemo looking fish that only cost $469,560
Anything for my boy!
Look at those tired eyes!! And still another day of Disneyland ahead of us! Stay tuned for Part 2.


I would have painted Krew's face for half that. Looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like so much fun! I love all of the pictures of your faces, especially Tower of Terror!:) P.S. you look fabulous and you have the cutest kids! They are both getting so big!! :)
ReplyDelete