Monday, November 9, 2015

Summer 2014

A recap of our summer of 2014.

June 15th
Not many Grandmas are so cool. Grandma Backman giving Lindley, Krew, and Sparkles a ride on Lacie's bike. The kids absolutely loved this! I'm not sure how Sparkles felt.

June 27
Myla can fall asleep pretty much anywhere. She often falls asleep sitting up.


June 30th
Krew was pretty nervous to ride without training wheels but he caught on so fast. We practiced on the street behind our house which was wide open and no houses were built yet. 
I love this picture with the mountains and lake, and Myla, Harvey, and myself cheering Krew on.


June 17th
Another picture of Myla sleeping sitting up. She was "Singing" from the hymn book while I was getting ready one morning. She suddenly got quiet and just like that she was out.


July 1st
We had these Ninja Turtle masks and Myla loved running around in them.

July 2nd
I walked into the room with Myla looking like this. Love that diaper bum!
 I think it's time for a change!


July 19th
We have a splash pad around the corner from our house and the kids are always begging to go.




Sorry Krew, I don't think punching the water will work.


Krew would just stand under this bucket to get soaked. Not sure how that's enjoyable!


July 22nd
Brotherly love. These two are best friends.


August 12
Krew loved looking out his bedroom window to watch the construction of the homes behind us.

August 13th
My kids love bubbles. (It's pretty much the only reason Myla goes to nursery). Krew loves riding his bike through them.


August 20th
This was so funny because Myla was so hyper running around with this balloon and then all of the sudden she laid her head down on the ottoman and fell asleep. It's exhausting being so silly!


September 11th
Myla has always hated her crib. From the time she was an infant. We finally just put a mattress on the floor which you can see in the picture below. When I finally got around to taking the crib down, I found bite marks all up and down the crib railing. Poor girl thought she was in jail. She immediately slept better once she moved out of the crib.


One day my neighbor came to my door and asked if I wanted a caterpillar egg. I am so glad I took it from her because my kids loved this and now we go find caterpillars eggs all the time. They start so small, but grow so fast. We gave him a couple of new milkweed leaves everyday. Soon he crawled to the top of the jar and goes into his "J" shape.

Then sheds his skin and forms a chrysalis

Then the chrysalis is formed. You can see his shed skin on the counter.

After about 2 weeks he comes out of his chrysalis. It's kind of nerdy but so amazing.

Krew was so sad to let him go.


2 comments:

  1. I love these updates,, and that last picture is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I use to love finding those caterpillars and watching them turn into butterflies! I've never seen one in Montana :( Sleepy Myla makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete