Monday, January 27, 2014

Catch Up!

Thanks to a computer crash, I've  been away from the blogging world for way too long. Luckily, I'm back and will hopefully catch up soon. This post is pretty much just the random happenings from September to October of 2013.
 
Myla and Krew have a love-hate relationship. Some days they're best friends and the next day (or next minute) they are fighting to their deaths. They both have jealously issues, but Myla probably takes the cake for jealously.
 
 But honestly, could they be more perfect?! Jorden is especially handsome in this picture :)
 
Krew always wants to go all out for the BYU football games. Painted cheek and all!
Typical Krew pose.
 
 I love this picture. An admiring look from Dad

 
When Krew was my only child, I would often think, "Ya know, having a child doesn't make it that much more difficult to keep a clean house." Well, maybe that's because I had a clean child. Krew does his fair share of messes but he is an overall  tidy kid. Myla is a whole new story. This girl loves to wreak havoc! She opens and pulls out anything and everything that she can get her hands on! The Tupperware cabinet is her favorite.
For obvious reasons.

 
Myla was a little slower to the whole teething thing. Her first tooth broke through in September, at about 9 months old.

 
Jorden gave Krew one of his old duck calls. Krew loves to practice and I love to listen to him practice. Thank you Jorden!
 Krew is actually quite good at it and will probably be a professional duck caller by age 8. Myla gets a kick out of Krew's duck call and always wants to give it a try too, until she realizes she can't quite make the same noise as Krew and she'll hand it right back to him!

Krew has a new obsession with boxing, which was exaggerated even more after he got a Wii for Christmas. One night when I was checking on Krew I found him asleep with one of his
"boxing gloves" on.
 or just a winter glove...pretty close to the same thing!
 
There were a lot of warm days late in the year and we took full advantage of every single one of them! My kids LOVE the park. Especially the Discovery Center Park in American Fork. I remember going here a couple of time when I was a kid and I remember how much I loved it then! Krew calls it, "The wooden park".
 Myla would be perfectly happy and content to live on a swing for the rest of her life!
 
Krew thinks they're pretty cool too!

 
And I think I have a pretty cool husband.

 Jorden and Krew were gathering wood to make a fire. Good thing it was just pretend.

 
 Best buddies! (At the moment)



 
Myla still likes to sleep face-down sometimes. I hate it!!
 
"Mom, I LOVE my soft blanket! It is the best thing in the whole world!"
You have Grandma Jones to thank for that!
 
 More sibling snuggling.
 
One day Krew said, "Mom, you have superpower children. Pretty cool huh?!" I thought his rendition of capes was pretty clever!

 
One wrestling match turned bad. 
 But how can you be mad at this face?!
 
Staring at the bears at Hogle Zoo.

 

When the pantry door is open you can guarantee Myla is running over there to pull the bread out. She will carry the whole loaf around until I pull a piece out for her. Even in the grocery store I have to sneak the bread into the cart and hide it under other groceries because she will scream until she gets a slice! Carb lover like her Mom!

Love the pouty lip on this one!
 
 Krew loves Costco. Pizza and churros may have something to do with it!

 
Who knew laundry baskets could be so much fun?!
 Myla loved getting pulled around by Krew...until she toppled out. It was fun while it lasted!

I was refinishing a piece of furniture in my unfinished basement, I turned around to open a new can of pain and Myla had crawled right in. and ya, that paint was 100% wet. not even like 5 minutes dry. She had paint everywhere. I figured the damage was already done, I might as well just take a picture.

 
Krew and two of his buddies, Drew and Rav. I love that they all have sticks and guns in their hands. Such boys!



 And some days when I just give up trying to entertain this girl while I cook dinner, I let the sucker do the entertaining. I know, Mother of the Year Award will probably go to me this year!


3 comments:

  1. While your computer has been in its meltdown, your kids have grown up! I can't believe how big Myla is. Such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of these pictures is a treasure! I love your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two. Love them! Knew and the capes had me laughing pretty hard haha!!

    ReplyDelete