Monday, September 16, 2013

Top of Utah Half Marathon

 On August 24 my friend Abby and I ran the Top of Utah half marathon in Logan, Utah. It was such a great experience and I'm so glad I was able to do it with her! We started the day bright n' early. The buses took us up to the top of the canyon at 5 am, where we waited until 7am when the race started. It was the perfect day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The morning was chilly but perfect with a jacket on. By the time we finished it hadn't gotten too hot yet.

Abby and me with our babies. I love how Violet and Myla are staring at each other.

I had the most amazing cheer team. Seriously, I could hear Jorden yelling for me all the way down the finish line! They also made me a pretty cool sign!

 These are just the pictures I stole off the website, with the lovely Zazook logo down the middle of the picture.

The two behind me (The Taylors) I know from Idaho Falls and I didn't even notice them as I ran! Kind of a crazy coincidence that I got my picture with them! 

 The finish line!
The good thing about seeing pictures of myself is I can see how horrible my form was at some points. I think I had bad form here because I was crossing the finish line and didn't care anymore! 

My finisher's medal!

Official time: 1:48:59
Pace: 8:19/mile
Overall Placing: 377 out of 2036
Gender Placing: 153 out of 1334
Division Placing (Female age 25-29): 26 out of 234

I felt great during the whole run. Luckily it is a pretty easy course. Next up, if all things go as planned....my first marathon. Salt Lake City Marathon April 2014. I think I might be crazy! Anyone want to join me?!

4 comments:

  1. you are amazing!! Marathon???? I keep telling myself... someday :) way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica you are so awesome...and sooo fast!!! Way to go!!!!! I love all the pictures! Good luck on the marathon! You will rock that too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see all the details! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot stuff! Go Jess! Wish I could join you in some of your races! But you would have to wait at the finish line for me for a while : )

    ReplyDelete