When I bought new pants for Krew, I remember they were dragging on the ground and thinking I'd probably have to hem them a little bit. It's a good thing I decided not to because
two short months later...
And no I didn't shrink these! All of his clothes are suddenly small. I honestly cannot believe the growth spurt this kid is going through. Every morning I think to myself, "I swear he grew another inch last night!" The thing is he hasn't increased his caloric intake by much so he also seems to be getting skinnier and skinnier because he is getting stretched out :) I'm sure his weight and height will all equal out and his appetite will grow. I've heard about those teenage boys' appetites!!
And this girl! Of course she is growing! Right when she was born I crochet a little hat for her. I purposely made it a little on the big side so it would fit for a longer period of time. The hat went all the way over her ears and could easily cover her eyes if I pulled it down enough.
This is how it looks today.
It's really bittersweet. The whole kids growing up thing. It's so sweet to see them reach new milestones and develop in wonderful ways. But it's also bitter to see them leave their childhood behind. Of course they are both children and still so little, but I know if I blink too long they'll be married and having kids of their own.
My little peanut now sits up so well. So to celebrate we got a new big girl chair. AKA a Bumbo.
Yes Krew, you've definitely outgrown this stage!
Now Myla can sit up and really see how goofy her big brother is!




Truer words were never spoken! You'll be a grandma before you know it! Krew really is growing up.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! Your kiddos are getting so big! Can't wait to see them this summer!
ReplyDelete