Thursday, March 1, 2012

Growing Up!

I have the feeling my little boy is growing up! Krew has had a growth spurt in the last few months and he is quickly growing out of all of his clothes. Along with growing taller he is also growing smarter. He wants to be so independent! With everything! Even if it's really hard to do by himself. Our night time routine has doubled because I can no longer just do everything for him. Last night I caught him getting his own drink of water. Reaching as far as he could from the toilet.

He was pretty happy with himself!

Krew is at the age where he says the funniest things! Jorden and I are constantly laughing at what comes out of his mouth. He says things that we have NO IDEA where he learned it. Here are a few of the humors lately:
  •  Whenever Jorden or I ask Krew to do something (of course we always ask nicely) he often says, "Okay grumpy, grumpy!" Wow that one is not ok with us!
  • He has been calling me by name. It started in Rexburg last week when I was eating lunch with my sisters. Krew heard Megan say Jessica and he started saying,  "Jessica! Jessica!" Then starts laughing hysterically. Jorden has had to start calling me "Mom" now.
  • It's no secret that I love my diet coke. I think it has worn off on Krew except we don't let him drink diet coke. So instead he asks for a "white diet coke" Which is actually sprite. I get some pretty weird looks when Krew says in the middle of Wal-mart, "Mom, I need a white diet coke!"
  • When I'm getting ready in the morning, Krew often stops and tells me, "Mom you're beautiful." It is so sweet! I LOVE it! Yesterday Krew came into my room just after I had finished getting ready and said, "Mom, you're beautiful...but I don't like your shirt." I laugh about this every time I even think about it! It was so funny yet brutally honest!
  • Krew loves going to the toy store. He often asks if he can go to the giraffe's house (Toys R Us). Sometimes we go to "look" but it got to be a problem when he wanted to buy everything in the store. I started telling him that toys he wanted he could maybe get for his birthday. Now every time he sees a toy he wants he tells me, "I need that for my birth cake". Birthday, Birth cake, same difference in his mind. It's pretty cute!
  • To go along with birth cakes. Krew and Jorden were driving home one day when the conversation went something like this:
Krew: Dad! Look at that blue truck!
Jorden: Yeah that's pretty cool Krew!
Krew: I like that blue truck. Do you like that blue truck Dad?
Jorden: Yeah I do like it!
Krew: Okay Dad! I buy it for your birth cake!

If only!
Krew is such a sweetheart. He is slowly growing out of his terrible two stage and into the thrilling threes. Just in time because he turns 3 in May! (Wow! Where has the time gone?!) There are a lot less tantrums and a lot more "I love yous!" I love my days off when I can spend all day with him! I can't wait until I graduate in July and I get to spend everyday him! We love you Krew!

5 comments:

  1. White diet coke--now I've heard everything! Krew is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I wish we weren't moving away from you guys! Krew is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious Jessica!! Birth cake, that is so cute. I love how Jordan has to call you "Mom" now, ha ha! Too funny. I can't believe Krew is turning three this year, they grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new "Mom, you're beautiful" comment--I guess it's time to go buy some new clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha he is so funny. The shirt comment is cracking me up. Don't you just love this age?! Krew and Q need to get together for some white diet cokes...I think they are both fans:)

    ReplyDelete